Class Days: Tuesday & Thursday
Children should be 4 years old by December.
STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Our STEM class encourages natural curiosity to encourage children to question, hypothesize, observe, explore and build. Children will have the materials to put their ideas into action, reflect on them, then figure out how they can take this idea or process up another notch! Children well keep Observation Journals which will be used to record what they observe from a particular experiment or activity.
Our Monthly Themes Include:
- All About Earth—Geography/Geology/Meteorology,
- Planting and Creepy Crawlies—Botany/Entomology
- All About Animals—Zoology
- Mad Scientists—Sensory/Chemistry
- The Science of Storytelling—Journals and Technology
- Totally Terrific Technology— Simple Circuits, problem-solving Apps, using technology
- Engaging Young Engineers—rockets, force and motion, 2D and 3D buildings
- Catapults and trajectories
- Math Magic—using units of measure, building and using scales
Supporting Overall Academic Growth
Early exposure to STEM supports children’s overall academic growth, develops early critical thinking and reasoning skills, and enhances later interest in STEM study and careers. You will be amazed by how your child grows in intellect and in confidence.
Just think: Your preschooler might just be the next best engineer, rocket scientist or doctor!